Sunday, August 25, 2013

On Being Content


My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year now.  He has taught me so much in this past year about being content.  Not just happy, sad, or otherwise.  Being content is that feeling of being completely satisfied and fulfilled.  His contentment is something I really admire and it's started rubbing off on me.  I'd always compare myself to others.  Their looks, their salary, their lifestyles, etc.  What he has taught me is that none of that matters.  What matters is, we love each other fully, we always have food and we have a roof over our heads.  About a year and half ago, these things would have never made me fulfilled.  A hapless marriage will do that to you.  Fast forward 1 year 6 months later and I'm feeling more close to happiness than I ever had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment